Thursday, August 6, 2009

Alphabet Soup


Pix credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxbraun/98688824/

A
On days when the universe is apologizing for my existence, I am learning the logistics of acceptance.

B
2,190 days of being bereft of your presence has done nothing to dampen my regard for your being.

C
To the world, I’m presenting nothing more than a caricature of myself. This is me carrying on.

D
Intentions, though honest by nature will never amount to anything for a woman, who dissembles for a living.

E
A gift and a curse, it is my belief that an eidetic memory will cease to be the latter when I turn eighty.

F
Fact: A mastery of rules is necessary before one can even think of flouting them.

G
If something’s gotta give, let it not be my faith in the Almighty.

H
There are things that are in perfect accord with my humanity, things that hardly require humility.

I
Parallel geodesics do intersect in the limit to infinity. Parallel lines—we may be—but let’s not forget hope.

J
Joshua.

K
This knack for alienating people is governed by the same evolutionary imperative that makes me give a crap about family and friends.

L
Though not my favorite sin, lust is one I am guilty of committing, enough to offset all my sins of omission.

M
A woman must not divulge all her secrets. The woman underneath my skin is still a mystery.

N
It isn’t nearness I crave. It’s the closing of this emotional distance that grows every day.

O
An organic relationship has no choice but to grow. I am strong enough to handle it.

P
Aren’t we all in one way or another, permutations of a poseur? I ask you to excuse this poseuse.

Q
Quid pro quo is logical, except when it is confined by a zipper or some disturbing underpants.

R
There is a sieve you use to separate my reality from my rendering of it. It will be my redemption.

S
Without meaning to, surviving you has become part of the plan. To soldier on is my daily task.

T
Everything about me is strong enough on a theoretical level. This is why theories need to be proven.

U
Nothing irritates me more than armchair moralists spouting some form of utopian bullshit.

V
Every time you recognize the difference between vindication and absolution, a kitten goes to heaven.

W
Applying distrust to everything, I am following Galway Kinnell’s instructions to the letter. I’m waiting, for now.

X
Clearly, you have underestimated the power of xenophilia. Cultural appropriation is missing the mark.

Y
Pine, languish, ache, yearn…not enough when I’m looking for the troponyms of yen.

Z
Philosophical zombies: logical. David Chalmers is right up there with fug hat 2.0, Spock, and Jim Halpert.

No comments: