Monday, February 23, 2009
Friday, February 13, 2009
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Eye on Jesus Christ by ~P-Epic on deviantART
This morning, I found myself praying the Stations of the Cross. And one passage provided me with such insight.
Matthew. 27:32; 16:24 (The Cyrenian helps Jesus carry the Cross):
As they went out, they came upon a man of Cyrene, Simon by name; this man they compelled to carry his cross. Jesus told his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.
He didn't ask for it, but Simon was given help when he needed it the most. There was something so humbling in that story. That for all the crosses I was given, God never said that I alone would have to bear them. For the first time, I was glad my pride took such a hit. I was blind but now I could (at least) squint.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
You are my simplest truth
As basic as the mole on my right hand
As plain as the nose on my face
As real as the pricking pain on my left side
And I'm acknowledging it now
Before overthinking clouds my judgment
Before my insecurities are brought to light
Before I allow people to change my mind
Because if you suddenly decide
To open up your heart
I'll definitely take that chance
Because of you
Because it's you.
Monday, February 2, 2009
Thank you for purchasing a Mel Rodriguez V81. It is important to read this instruction manual before using your new product for the first time.
- Do not use your Mel Rodriguez near a Myra Tacadao.
- Protect your Mel Rodriguez from damage by bathing her twice a day and feeding her small meals every six hours.
- Always leave sufficient space around your Mel Rodriguez for ventilation. Do not place Mel Rodriguez in a bookcase, pigpen, closet, cabinet, or baby grand piano.
- Your Mel Rodriguez may leak fluids every month. This is normal. Explosion may occur if disposed of in fire.
- Keep your Mel Rodriguez away from heat sources such as stoves, radiators, fires of hell or any other apparatus that produce heat.
- Protect your Mel Rodriguez from being walked on or pinched particularly at cheeks, buttocks, and other cushioned areas.
- Do not use your Mel Rodriguez during lightning storms. Your Mel Rodriguez will atrophy when unused for long periods of time.
- Unless signal lights are on, do not touch your Mel Rodriguez's sensitive surfaces.
- Avoid exposing your Mel Rodriguez to exhibitionists, freaks, psychos, and the like.
- This product should only be used for the purposes for which it is sold, that is, entertainment, violating no copyright law.