Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Lesson in Humility


Eye on Jesus Christ by ~P-Epic on deviantART

This morning, I found myself praying the Stations of the Cross. And one passage provided me with such insight.

Matthew. 27:32; 16:24 (The Cyrenian helps Jesus carry the Cross):
As they went out, they came upon a man of Cyrene, Simon by name; this man they compelled to carry his cross. Jesus told his disciples, "If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

He didn't ask for it, but Simon was given help when he needed it the most. There was something so humbling in that story. That for all the crosses I was given, God never said that I alone would have to bear them. For the first time, I was glad my pride took such a hit. I was blind but now I could (at least) squint.

No comments: