Monday, September 10, 2007

If My Life Was a Poem



La Reina

Pablo Neruda

Yo te he nombrando reina.
I have appointed you Queen.
Hay más altas que tú, más altas.
There are those more slender than you, more slender.
Hay más puras que tú, más puras.
There are those purer than you, purer.
Hay más bellas que tú, hay más bellas.
There are those fairer than you, fairer.

Ero tú eres la reina
But you are Queen.

Cuando vas por las calles
As you walk the streets
nadie te reconoce.
Nobody recognizes you.
Nadie ve tú corona de cristal, nadie mira
Nobody sees your crown of crystal, nobody notices
la alfombra de oro rojo
The red and gold carpet
que pisas cuando pasas,
You tread wherever you go,
la alfrombra que no existe.
The carpet that does not exist.

Y cuando asomas
And when you appear
suenan todos los ríos
All the rivers
en mi cuerpo,
Of my body ripple
sacuden el cielo las campanas,
bells Make the skies tremble
y un himno llena el mundo
And a song of praise fills the world.

Sóló tú y yo,
Only you and I,
sóló tú y yo, amor mío,
Only you and I, my love,
lo escuchamos.
Can hear it.


Translation by: Anna Öberg

No comments: