Thursday, August 2, 2007

Last Full Show


I'm no Roger Ebert, but I found Ratatouille, on the whole to be a palatable feast for the eyes. And while I'm secretly wishing for streaks of creativity to infuse this review of sorts, truth is, I'm still smashed from lack of sleep. Therefore, do not expect a Pulitzer-winning piece. This is just me mouthing off, expressing my unsolicited two cents...
There were of course, some very disturbing scenes--rats cooking swordfish, tenderizing meat, and the like. Obviously, hygiene and rats do not even make sense when used in the same sentence. But on the whole, the idea was a novel one. I really liked the ambiguity of Ego's character and the supporting cast (Collete, Linguini, and the-character-voiced-by-Will-Arnett-whose-name-I-forgot) amplified the whole comic effect. Relatability-wise, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm totally like Remy's brother Emile. I'd probably just hork everything down. But after Ratatouille, I don't know. Maybe, I'll leave my job and become a food critic. Jules from My Best Friend's Wedding, can you hear me???

No comments: