Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Horoscope Horribilis

Who would've thought my aha moment lurks in the paragraphs of a horoscope column? Now my belief in astrology can be best described as fungible. However, yesterday's reading holds so much truth, it crosses the borders of the paranormal. Of course, I also have this tendency to exaggerate things and maybe I'm reading too much into it. I don't know. What I do know, is that it freaked me out, so much so that I have to write about it here...

VIRGO: You're presented with a choice. You can either feel right, or you can feel happy. There is something to learn either way. Observe the interesting difference between those two alternatives.

The question now is this. Why do those options have to be mutually exclusive? Can't I be happy without feeling wrong about it? And the alternative is just as worse. Why can't I feel right without feeling crappy at the same time? Understand that this is all relatable to my turbulent history with a certain someone. It just never ends. To be honest, I'm inclined to choose happy over right. But the kicker is that whenever I choose happy, I end up obsessing about the 'rightness' of my choice, which of course robs me of the little happiness I can squeeze from it. It's Catch 22. Woe is me.

No comments: