Monday, January 5, 2009
I don't even know why I'm surprised that Wikipedia has a page on New Year's Resolution (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Year%27s_resolution). It boggles the mind, well just my mind, which I realize isn't as boggle-proof as I know it to be. Anyway, since this is my first post for the year, I'll keep the digression to a minimum and just get on with it.
1. Stop procrastinating. Quite convincing, considering I'm writing my resolutions on the fifth day of the new year. Let me clarify that. I'm going to stop procrastinating right this moment. That's gives me about 360 days to unmake my procrastinator rep.
2. Be more positive. Apparently, there's this thing called Positive Realism, which I'm not gonna get into today, because I don't know jack about it. I do know what positive thinking is, at least the basic theory. It's just the application that needs to be perfected. (My affirmation for today: Loving myself heals my life. I nourish my mind, body and soul.)
3. Lead a healthy lifestyle. Post holiday pounds have got to go. Ditto for my addiction to diet soda and sugary treats. I do have commitment issues when it comes to exercising. But I do think 30 minutes a day (cardio plus weights) would not be a problem.
4. Flex my writing muscles. I admit I have neglected blogging last year. For 2009, I'm looking at 120 posts for this blog and about 10 short fic drafts. I just hope my muse cooperates, if not, I'm gonna have to find another job.
5. Pray without ceasing. It's a love-hate relationship, the one I have with the Almighty. Honestly, I just want to eliminate the hate part. For today, I'm holding this thought close to my heart: For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Rom 8:38-39)